I have been nominated twice! The first was by Bojana, a blogger whose words are so filled with emotion and humor and who has her unique view of life; next, by Vesna, a travel blogger whose stories combine humanity with travel, and whose stunning photos tell her story so well!
1. Garfield or Oggy?
Garfield had such bad manners, but he was very astute. I’ve never heard of Oggy, though, so I’ll substitute Mafalda 😉, my all-time favorite for her world view and sense of justice.
2. Hot or sour? (Subquestion: coffee or tea?)
a) Hot b) (Coffee)
3. Horror or thriller?
Thrillers, because I love trying to figure things out for myself.
Beer or wine?
Beer in the summer and wine in the winter
The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?
Both, but not anymore.
Butch Cassidy or the Sundance Kid
Butch Cassidy because he was the more responsible one (I hope I’m remembering this correctly)
If you don’t already read Bojana’s blog, I think anyone who reads it will love her writing style
1. Why did you start blogging?
I began my Instagram account a year ago and saw how much I loved connecting with people there, but it’s limiting because, really, how much can you say in a caption? I wanted a more open space to write.
2. How has blogging affected your life?
When I began, I thought it might be lonely posting stories that nobody would read. I didn’t know about WordPress’ social aspect, letting us connect with each other so easily.
3. What is your favorite book or series and why?
I read Khalil Gibran when I was young and I learned so much about life. This book has an eternal place in my heart and mind.
4. What kind of blogs do you like the most?
I love travel blogs because I love learning about different cultures. I feature my favorites on my blog. But I also love blogs about people confronting the challenges in their lives.
5. What is your philosophy in life?
Live your dreams without fear today because who knows what tomorrow will bring!
6. What are you most grateful for?
I am grateful that I left my native Venezuela over 20 years ago because the country has become unlivable.
7. If you had a time machine, when and where would you go and why?
To choose a time far back in history, I would have to also choose a place and a status, since people lived extremely difficult lives and were very poor. So I think I might choose to go back maybe just 15 or 20 years to my same situation. The problem is I probably wouldn’t fit in anymore since I’m a different person now.
8. What 3 words describe you best?
a. Giving b. Strong c. Decisive
9. What advice would you give your 18 year old self?
I should have found a way to finish university but I had to go straight to work.
Here are my nominations for the Liebster award:
Your intellect and your love for intense adventure inspired me from the moment I found you!
I love the accounts of your travels around the world, which are so full of adventure, and of course I love your absolutely stunning photos.
The four of you are already featured on my side bar (or at the bottom if you’re reading on your phone) 😉👍 for having travel blogs that I think are worth reading!
You are teaching me a lot about Islamic culture. I am addicted to your posts.
I enjoy your love of nature and your personal strength!
- Answer the questions that were left for you.
- Nominate your favorite new bloggers (not more than 15!)
- Write 7 questions for them to answer.
- Add all the rules and be honest with your answers!
- How do you prepare for a trip?
- What is your favorite travel photo?
- What do you like to bring home from a trip?
- What is a food you would never have tried if you never travelled?
- What is one mistake you made while traveling?